6th Annual Organic Okanagan Festival is one week away!!
The green countdown has begun for the 6th Annual Organic Okanagan Festival (OOF) on Sunday September 18, 2011 from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm!
Fascinating 2011 OOF facts:
1. We have an unprecedented 72 exhibitors in 2 locations!
2. We have chartered 1 school bus to bring 48 guests at a time from Okanagan College to Summerhill Winery and back, every 20 minutes on a free day-long loop!
3. We are expecting to raise 2500 lbs. of food in 1 day for the Kelowna Community Food Bank!
4. The BCSEA is raffling tickets for Electric Vehicle test rides and hoping to raise $800 for the solar hot water system at the Habitat for Humanity house in West Kelowna.
5. At 2010 OOF we diverted 90% of our waste from the landfill into recycling and composting and will do the same or even better this year.
6. We have 8 surprise Okanagan celebrities in our Community Consignment fashion show!
7. We have 15 incredible presenters & entertainers including Lucy Sharratt, Andrew Hay, Ari Neufeld and 1 eco-elf!